From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Vegan Al Fresco‘.
(Makes 4–6 servings)
This mayo-free potato salad bursts with flavours: sweet and sour pickles, fresh and bright asparagus, and creamy smooth potatoes. After tasting it, you may never go back to mayo-based potato salads again!
1) In a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, steam potatoes for 8–10 minutes, until fork tender. Refresh under cold running water, drain, and cool to room temperature.
2) In the same pan, steam asparagus for 2–3 minutes, until tender. Refresh under cold running water, drain, and cool to room temperature.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together oil, brine, mustard, agave, salt, and pepper until well emulsified.
4) Stir in pickles, garlic, and shallots. Add potatoes and asparagus and toss to coat.
5) Cover and chill for at least one hour.
6) Taste and season as desired before serving.
Carla Kelly’s new cookbook, <a href="https://amzn.to/34G05Bw">Vegan al Fresco</a>, is a bright, flavourful, and accessible guide to outdoor dining and entertaining without the use of any animal products. Kelly offers over 200 fresh and creative recipes for entrées, salads, brunch features, desserts, and finger foods that are perfect for your next picnic in the park, backyard barbecue, or cottage cookout! The author of two previous vegan cookbooks: <a href="https://amzn.to/3ecC6gn">Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking</a> and <a href="https://amzn.to/3jILklE">Quick and Easy Vegan Bake Sale</a>, Carla Kelly also runs a food blog called The Year of the Vegan.
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.