From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Solutions for Celiac Disease‘.
Eating protein first thing in the morning helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and increase metabolism. These pancakes are a great meal for starting your day, and they make a perfect pre- or post- workout snack. They also freeze well and can be toasted just before serving for a quick breakfast. My mom has been making me these pancakes ever since I was diagnosed with celiac disease. (Makes 2 medium size pancakes)
1) Heat a skillet to medium, brush bottom with butter or coconut oil.
2) Purée all ingredients in a blender, pour mixture into the skillet.
3) Cook pancakes on both sides until golden.
4) Top with your favourite pancake topping (pure maple syrup, fresh berries, almond butter, or yogurt).
5) *Studies show that just 1⁄2 teaspoon of cinnamon daily can significantly reduce LDL (bad cholesterol). Cinnamon also has a regulatory effect on blood sugar levels, making it a healthy ingredient for those with Type II diabetes.
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2020, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.