From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Solutions for Celiac Disease‘.
“Eat vegetables like it’s your job!” is what I like to say. Here’s a fun way to use zucchini this summer. These delicious zucchini oat brownies are made without flour, and they’re so tasty that your guests will never know they’re eating a vegetable. (Makes 24 brownies)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or brush with coconut oil.
2) Place oats in blender or food processor, and process until finely ground (to the consistency of flour).
3) In a large bowl, cream together nut butter, applesauce, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
4) Add in zucchini, cocoa powder, ground oats, baking soda, and sea salt, and mix together.
5) Gently fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
6) Pour batter into prepared baking pan and sprinkle remaining chips over the top.
7) Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.