From the Vitality Food Feature ‘SIMMERED FALL SUPPERS‘.
(Serves 4 to 6)
1) In a large skillet, tagine or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 4 minutes.
2) Add carrot and red pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
3) Add mushrooms and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
4) Add rice and spice blend and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
5) Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Spread broccoli and cauliflower evenly over top of rice mixture. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
7) Serve with Garlic Peanut Sauce.
As a professional Home Economist (BAA, Ryerson Univ., Toronto) and Culinary Herbalist, Pat’s passion for healthy food is fused with her knowledge and love of herbs. She has honed her herb practice over more than four decades of growing, studying, photographing, experimenting with, and writing about what she calls the helping plants. In fact, Crocker marries the medicinal benefits of herbs in every original recipe she develops. An award-winning author, Pat has written 22 herb/healthy cookbooks, including The Healing Herbs Cookbook, The Juicing Bible, and most recently The Herbalist’s Kitchen (Sterling, 2018), and Healing Cannabis Edibles. She has over 1.5 million books in print and translated to over 11 languages. Watch for her next book, Cooking and Healing with Cannabis to be launched in 2020. And to find out more about Cannabis and Pat Crocker’s books and appearances, visit www.patcrocker.com
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2017, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.