From the Vitality Food Feature ‘SIMMERED FALL SUPPERS‘.
(Serves 4 to 6)
1) In a large skillet, tagine or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 4 minutes.
2) Add carrot and red pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
3) Add mushrooms and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
4) Add rice and spice blend and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
5) Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Spread broccoli and cauliflower evenly over top of rice mixture. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
7) Serve with Garlic Peanut Sauce.
Pat Crocker's mission in life is to write with insight and experience, cook with playful abandon, and eat whole food with gusto. As a professional Home Economist (BAA, Ryerson U., Toronto) and Culinary Herbalist, Pat’s passion for healthy food is fused with her knowledge and love of herbs. Her wellness practice transitioned over more than four decades of growing, photographing, and writing about what she calls, the helping plants. In fact, Crocker infuses the medicinal benefits of herbs in every original recipe she develops. An award-winning author, Pat has written 23 herb/healthy cookbooks, including The Healing Herbs Cookbook,The Juicing Bible, and her latest books, Cooking with Cannabis and The Herbalist’s Kitchen. www.patcrocker.com
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.