From the Vitality Food Feature ‘SIMMERED FALL SUPPERS‘.
(Makes 4 to 6 servings)
1) In a large pot or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 3 minutes.
2) Add red pepper and curry paste and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in pumpkin, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower, and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until squash is tender and liquids are reduced and thickened.
4) Add kale and chickpeas and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until kale is wilted and incorporated into the stew.
* Garam masala, the mildly spiced blend of Middle Eastern flavours, can be easily made with fresh whole spices, but it is available, already blended and ground, in many fine food stores.
Pat Crocker's mission in life is to write with insight and experience, cook with playful abandon, and eat whole food with gusto. As a professional Home Economist (BAA, Ryerson U., Toronto) and Culinary Herbalist, Pat’s passion for healthy food is fused with her knowledge and love of herbs. Her wellness practice transitioned over more than four decades of growing, photographing, and writing about what she calls, the helping plants. In fact, Crocker infuses the medicinal benefits of herbs in every original recipe she develops. An award-winning author, Pat has written 23 herb/healthy cookbooks, including The Healing Herbs Cookbook,The Juicing Bible, and her latest books, Cooking with Cannabis and The Herbalist’s Kitchen. www.patcrocker.com
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
Health News & Research
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.