Recipe: DAHL ~ Spinach and Lentil Curry
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Peasant Comfort Foods for Deep Winter Dining‘.
(Serves 4 to 6)
- 3/4 cup split lentils
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
1) Place all ingredients except coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to boil, then cover and cook over medium/low heat for 40 minutes, stirring a few times and adding a little more water if necessary.
2) Stir in coconut milk then cook for a further 5 minutes before serving.