From the Vitality Food Feature ‘The Culinary Adventure of Wild Autumn Harvests‘.
1) Julienne the burdock root into very thin strips.
2) Soak in water for 30 minutes and drain well. If you are using dried burdock root, soak it first, then slice as thin as you can and soak for another 15 minutes.
3) While the burdock is soaking, julienne the carrot into the same size as the burdock.
4) Put coconut oil into a frying pan and put it on high heat. Add burdock sticks and fry for a couple minutes.
5) Add carrot sticks and fry for one to two minutes, constantly stirring the vegetables.
6) Add remaining ingredients into the pan and stir well.
7) Remove from heat and serve plain or over a bed of noodles or rice.
Karen Stephenson is an author, writer, public speaker, and expert wild food educator. She is a chartered herbalist and is a certified Acute Canine Herbalist. Karen has lectured for schools, a multitude of community groups, and is a sought after speaker for many notable events including the International Herbal Association and online events hosted by Lakehead University. She has been interviewed on national radio, has been written about in a variety of media and has appeared on television. Karen's website is: <a href="https://www.ediblewildfood.com">www.ediblewildfood.com</a>
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.