From the Vitality Food Feature ‘The Culinary Adventure of Wild Autumn Harvests‘.
1) Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; then add onions, garlic, burdock, carrots, celery, and mushrooms.
2) Cook and stir frequently for ten minutes. Add a little more coconut oil if needed.
3) Add remaining ingredients except the flour, ¼ cup water and the wine.
4) Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer one half hour or until the vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally as they are cooking.
5) In a small bowl slowly stir flour into ¼ cup water until smooth.
6) Add to the stew with the wine; cook and stir 5 minutes. Then serve.
Karen Stephenson is an author, writer, public speaker, and expert wild food educator. She is a chartered herbalist and is a certified Acute Canine Herbalist. Karen has lectured for schools, a multitude of community groups, and is a sought after speaker for many notable events including the International Herbal Association and online events hosted by Lakehead University. She has been interviewed on national radio, has been written about in a variety of media and has appeared on television. Karen's website is: <a href="https://www.ediblewildfood.com">www.ediblewildfood.com</a>
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
Health Regulation & Politics
Health News & Research
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.