David Wolfe’s Top 10 SuperfoodsJustine McKell September 9, 2013
“Do you want the best health ever? Get superfoods in your diet!”
David ‘Avocado’ Wolfe, a nutritional and longevity expert, makes this recommendation to anyone who takes their health seriously. “Superfoods are vibrant, nutritionally dense foods packed with highly nourishing properties,” says Wolfe, whose client base includes the likes of Anthony Robbins (self-development guru), Woody Harrelson (actor), and Angela Basset (actress). Superfoods are a powerful source of vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients that play a pivotal role in peak performance, health, well-being and beauty enhancement. They are the true fuel of today’s “superhero.”
David’s Top 10 Favourite Superfoods:
1. Cacao (Raw Chocolate) – The seed/nut of the fruit of an Amazonian tree, cacao is the highest antioxidant food on the planet. It is the #1 source of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, manganese, and chromium and is also extremely high in PEA, theobromine and anandamide (otherwise known as the “bliss chemical”). Raw Chocolate helps to improve cardiovascular health, build strong bones, is a natural aphrodisiac, elevates your mood and energy, and increases longevity.
2. Goji Berries – are regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and potency food of the highest order and have been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for over 5,000 years. The Goji Berry, otherwise known as the “Wolfberry,” contains 18 kinds of amino acids, including all 8 essential amino acids, up to 21 trace minerals, high amounts of antioxidants, iron, polysaccharides, B and E vitamins, and many other nutrients. Goji berries can be enjoyed as a healthy snack between meals or used in your choice of smoothies, juices, trail mix, desserts, raw chocolate and other sweet treats. Goji berries can also be used to prepare a lovely tea.
3. Maca – Maca is a Peruvian root vegetable containing a variety of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, enzymes and every essential amino acid. This adaptogenic superfood increases energy, endurance, strength, and libido and has been used as a staple food in the Peruvian Andes for thousands of years. Dried maca powder contains more than 10% protein, and nearly 20 amino acids, including 7 essential amino acids. The Incas supplied maca to their warriors to increase alertness and provide energy and strength before battle.
4. Hemp Products – Hemp seeds are packed with 33% pure digestible protein, and are rich in iron, amino acids, and vitamin E as well as omega-3 and GLA. Omega-3’s are important in cell regeneration and healthy brain function. Hemp is also perfect food for growing children and adults looking to increase protein intake.
5. Spirulina – is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) which has gotten a lot of attention for its anti-inflammatory properties. Spirulina provides a vast array of minerals, trace elements, phytonutrients, and enzymes. Spirulina is also high in Chlorophyll which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system.
6. Bee Products – Bee pollen is the most complete food found in nature, containing nearly all B vitamins especially vitamin B-9 (folate), and all 21 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. In its organic/wild, raw, unfiltered state, honey is rich in minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, and enzymes, and is one of the highest vibration foods on the planet.
7. Camu Berry – is the highest source of Vitamin C on the planet. It is great for rebuilding tissue, purifying blood, and enhancing immunity and energy. Camu berry is an immune building, and eye-nourishing superfood. Mix camu camu powder into smoothies, juices, and protein drinks, or sprinkle a small amount over desserts and fruit.
8. Sea Vegetables (kelp, dulse, nori, hijiki, bladderwrack, chlorella) – Power packed with nutrients, sea vegetables help remove heavy metals, detoxify the body of radioactive iodine, provide numerous trace minerals, regulate immunity, and decrease the risk of cancer. Seaweeds benefit the entire body, and are especially excellent for the thyroid, immune system, adrenals, and hormone function.
9. Medicinal Mushrooms (Reishi, chaga, cordyceps, maitake, shiitake, lion’s mane, etc.) – High in polysaccharides and super immune enhancing components, medicinal mushrooms are some of the most intelligent adaptogenic herb/superfoods on the planet! They have also been proven effective in healing cancer and a variety of other ailments.
10. Additional Powerful Superfoods and Supplements — MSM, Digestive and Metabolic Enzymes, Mangosteen powder, Marine Phytoplankton, Activated Liquid Zeolite, Ormus, MegaHydrate, Crystal Energy, Krill Oil (not vegan, lowest on the food-chain, a source of long-chain omega 3 fatty acids).
David Wolfe is a bestselling author of several books including Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future. He is also the founder of a peak performance and nutrition online magazine: http://www.TheBestDayEver.com. Visit http://www.TheLongevityNowConference.com for information on events or http://www.LongevityWarehouse.com for David’s recommended products. For more information, visit: email@example.com call (519)-940-.3869.