Free English Learning Websites
Would you like to learn English fast and for free? Are you looking for really awesome resources that will help you master your English? What if you could turn the learning process into a funny activity that inspires you and motivates you to go further?
I’ve got great news for you! This is possible! You can do this like thousands of other students. That’s why I’ve decided to share with you a list of awesome resources and free English learning websites that will be valuable assets to help you on your way of polishing your English skills.
Websites for Kids to Learn English Quickly and Easily
First of all, let’s start with some amazing websites that will help your kids learn English. Sometimes it’s worth using them for adults as well because it will make the process of learning much easier and more natural.
- FunBrain is a great resource that helps your kids learn all basic disciplines like spelling, grammar, math, history, etc. All the learning activities are built through games. There are various grades for different age groups.
- PBS Kids has it all – games, TV shows, videos, apps. There is a lot of cool stuff on their site that can totally change the way your kids learn English.
- Literacy Center is full of useful resources for kids as well. They help children from over 220 countries learn English and other disciplines. One of the coolest things about this resource is that they do tons of free lessons.
- YouTube is the ultimate resource for learning English. There are also great channels for kids. They can watch them and learn English faster and easier.
Websites for Mastering Your Grammar
Grammar is one of the most challenging things when it comes to learning English and other languages as well. So, here’s a bunch of resources that will make it easier for you to master your English grammar.
- Purdue OWL is an excellent go-to resource that you can check every time you have any doubts about this or that grammar phenomenon or rule. Everything is explained in a lucid and clear way there. And there is a separate subsection that covers all the material related to English grammar.
- Daily Grammar is another amazing resource for mastering your grammar. There you can find over 400 free lessons that are easy to digest. What makes this site even more awesome? They have over 80 quizzes that you can do to check how well you understand this of that rule.
- com is a good website to look up words and examples of their usage in the sentences. This way you can learn how to build sentences correctly.
Websites for Mastering Your Writing
Writing is another essential part of mastering the language. That’s why your school, college, or university can give you tons of paper writing assignments. Usually, students don’t like to do their assignment or essay coding homework. So they often look for a sample or samples online.
If you want to improve your writing too, you may want to look for custom writing samples of the highest quality.
Grammarly can be another great resource for improving your writing skills. It can help you improve your spelling and grammar in the texts you write in no time. Not only you avoid various mistakes but you also can learn a lot in the process.
Websites for Mastering Your Oral Skills
Many people feel really stuck when it comes to speaking. Especially if it’s a foreign language you can feel a kind of a barrier or a big obstacle every time you need to voice your ideas and communicate with other people. Here are a few resources that can make it easier for you to master your oral English skills.
- BBC Learning English. Here you can tune in and listen to a lot of stuff like news, stories, etc. There are also various exercises and quizzes that make it more engaging and fun.
- Duolingo is a very easy-to-use app that enables you to learn how to speak English in an effortless way. All you need to do is download and install their app. Then doing their exercises you repeat words, phrases, and sentences after the speaker. In this way, step by step you are mastering your oral English skills.
- Oxford University Press is an excellent resource for all students. However, I recommend to use it only if you feel you’re an advanced learner. That’s because the website is not so easy to navigate.
Websites for Enriching Your Vocabulary
There are dozens of websites that can help you learn English words fast and effectively. In this article, I’d like to mention 3 of them that I like most of all. It doesn’t mean they are the best. I just really like them. So, here you are.
- Longman Dictionary is a really awesome website to check every time you want to get examples of the sentences where the word can be used and understand its meaning.
- Thesaurus is a great way to understand which word is better to use in this or that situation.
- RhymeZone is a funny way to learn new words. It can help you pair up adjectives with nouns and find appropriate words for a certain context.
So, I hope now you’re fully loaded with superb resources for learning English. However, all of them are just tools. Everything is on you and your motivation. So, go ahead and master English ASAP!
Joan Young is an essay writing expert. She runs a blog column on writing tips that you can find at https://www.advancedwriters.com/.