Warming Quinoa Porridge
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘CULINARY SPICES THAT HEAL‘.
This hot cereal takes just a few minutes to prepare and showcases the warming spices cinnamon, cardamom and turmeric. This combination of healing herbs will soothe the digestive tract, clear inflammation, and warm you from the inside out! (Makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¾ cup rolled quinoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp honey (or 5 drops stevia extract)
- 1/8 tsp grey sea salt (or pink rock salt)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (or apple juice sweetened)
- ½ cup blueberries (if frozen, add before quinoa to thaw)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (or hemp seeds)
1) Boil water in a small saucepan.
2) Add the rolled quinoa and stir for 2-3 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and mix in the spices, fruit, nuts, sweetener and salt until evenly distributed. Serve hot.