Sweet Potato Mash with Vanilla BeanJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. November 14, 2013
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘CULINARY SPICES THAT HEAL‘.
This recipe was formulated by the co-host and chef of Healthy Gourmet, Ezra Title https://www.chezvousdining.ca
(Makes 6 servings.)
- 2.2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 6 large)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 whole vanilla beans
- 1 Tbsp mesquite powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pink rock, or grey sea salt, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a sheet tray in the oven for about an hour.
3) Warm maple syrup in a pot. Once warm, scrape vanilla beans into syrup.
4) When sweet potatoes are tender, scoop flesh from their skins into a food processor and add all the spices.
5) Blend until smooth, add vanilla syrup, and season with salt.
Julie is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and host of Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show aired in over 70 countries. A highly-sought-after anti-inflammatory health expert and speaker, she is the award-winning author of 3 bestselling books. After graduating from both The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, she studied culinary arts at George Brown College, herbalism at Emerson Herbal College, and life coaching with Tony Robbins. Be sure to check out her latest masterclass at <a href="www.thrivewithjulie.com">www.thrivewithjulie.com</a> and follow her on <a />Facebook</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/JulieDaniluk">Twitter</a>, <a href="https://www.instagram.com/juliedaniluk/">Instagram</a>, and <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5rDkDBPpg7nCTn64vga7oQ?view_as=subscriber"Youtube</a>.