Sweet Potato Mash with Vanilla BeanJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. November 14, 2013
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘CULINARY SPICES THAT HEAL‘.
This recipe was formulated by the co-host and chef of Healthy Gourmet, Ezra Title https://www.chezvousdining.ca
(Makes 6 servings.)
- 2.2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 6 large)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 whole vanilla beans
- 1 Tbsp mesquite powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pink rock, or grey sea salt, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a sheet tray in the oven for about an hour.
3) Warm maple syrup in a pot. Once warm, scrape vanilla beans into syrup.
4) When sweet potatoes are tender, scoop flesh from their skins into a food processor and add all the spices.
5) Blend until smooth, add vanilla syrup, and season with salt.
Nutritionist and TV personality, Julie Daniluk is the award-winning, bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation & Slimming Meals That Heal. Her 3rd book, Hot Detox, was on the Canadian Bestseller’s list for 11 weeks in 2017. Julie’s 4th book, Becoming Sugar-Free, will be released on September 7, 2021. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show. She is in her 11th season as a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show. Check out more information at juliedaniluk.com and connect with her on Facebook & Instagram @juliedaniluk