Sweet Potato Mash with Vanilla BeanJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. November 14, 2013
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘CULINARY SPICES THAT HEAL‘.
This recipe was formulated by the co-host and chef of Healthy Gourmet, Ezra Title https://www.chezvousdining.ca
(Makes 6 servings.)
- 2.2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 6 large)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 whole vanilla beans
- 1 Tbsp mesquite powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pink rock, or grey sea salt, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a sheet tray in the oven for about an hour.
3) Warm maple syrup in a pot. Once warm, scrape vanilla beans into syrup.
4) When sweet potatoes are tender, scoop flesh from their skins into a food processor and add all the spices.
5) Blend until smooth, add vanilla syrup, and season with salt.
Julie Daniluk, RHN: Nutritionist and TV personality, Julie Daniluk is the award-winning, bestselling author of <a href="https://www.nationalnutrition.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=julie+daniluk">Meals That Heal Inflammation</a> & <a href="https://www.nationalnutrition.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=julie+daniluk">Slimming Meals That Heal</a>. Her 3rd book, <a href="https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/hot-detox-a-21-day/9781443450676-item.html">Hot Detox</a>, was on the Canadian Bestseller’s list for 11 weeks in 2017 and is already in its second printing. Julie is finishing her 4th book due for release in September 2021 by Penguin/Random House Canada. Julie hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. Over the past 10 years the show has aired in 78 countries and in 11 different languages. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show. She is in her 10th season as a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show. Check out more information at <a href="https://www.juliedaniluk.com/">juliedaniluk.com</a> and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram @juliedaniluk