Recipe: Super Golden MilkSat Dharam Kaur, N.D. March 1, 2014
Try this delicious drink in the evening. It will help to prevent cancer by decreasing inflammation and infection, while providing beneficial antioxidants. First make a paste that can be stored in the fridge by mixing the following ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup turmeric
- ½ cup ginger juice (10 inches whole ginger)
- 60 cardamom pods (roll under rolling pin and take seeds, discard pods)
- 4 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves ground
- 1 tsp black peppercorns ground
1) Use 1½ tsp for each cup of almond milk or soy milk, warmed.
2) Blend the green cardamom seeds, cloves, and black peppercorns in a coffee grinder or food processor to make a powder.
3) Add them to the turmeric powder in a bowl.
4) Add the water to turmeric and spices and stir to make a paste.
5) Juice the ginger root and add the ginger juice to the paste.
6) Add the honey to the paste.
7) Stir until well blended.
8) Cook the mixed ingredients over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until well blended, the consistency of toothpaste.
9) Cool, and keep refrigerated in a covered glass jar. This will keep refrigerated for at least a month.
10) To serve: Add 1½ tsp of paste to one cup of organic soy or almond milk in a small pot and heat on the stove until warmed.
Sat Dharam is a naturopathic doctor, Kundalini Yoga lead trainer, and author practising in Owen Sound, Ontario. She developed the Healthy Breast Program, designed to help educate women in breast cancer prevention through Kundalini Yoga and lifestyle change, and teaches it internationally. She was awarded the Naturopathic Doctor of the Year award in Ontario in 2000 for her work in breast health education. She also developed the “Beyond Addiction: The Yogic Path to Recovery” program, and has been working closely with Dr. Gabor Maté in delivering this program as well as a psychotherapeutic modality created by Dr. Maté called Compassionate Inquiry. Sat Dharam has written several best-selling books: A Call to Women: The Healthy Breast Program and Workbook, The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer, and The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Women's Health.