Recipe: Super Golden MilkSat Dharam Kaur, N.D. March 1, 2014
Try this delicious drink in the evening. It will help to prevent cancer by decreasing inflammation and infection, while providing beneficial antioxidants. First make a paste that can be stored in the fridge by mixing the following ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup turmeric
- ½ cup ginger juice (10 inches whole ginger)
- 60 cardamom pods (roll under rolling pin and take seeds, discard pods)
- 4 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves ground
- 1 tsp black peppercorns ground
1) Use 1½ tsp for each cup of almond milk or soy milk, warmed.
2) Blend the green cardamom seeds, cloves, and black peppercorns in a coffee grinder or food processor to make a powder.
3) Add them to the turmeric powder in a bowl.
4) Add the water to turmeric and spices and stir to make a paste.
5) Juice the ginger root and add the ginger juice to the paste.
6) Add the honey to the paste.
7) Stir until well blended.
8) Cook the mixed ingredients over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until well blended, the consistency of toothpaste.
9) Cool, and keep refrigerated in a covered glass jar. This will keep refrigerated for at least a month.
10) To serve: Add 1½ tsp of paste to one cup of organic soy or almond milk in a small pot and heat on the stove until warmed.
For several decades Sat Dharam has been integrating and creating a fusion of her three great passions – Kundalini Yoga, Naturopathic Medicine and Environmental Sustainability. She has developed and/or teachs several programs – Kundalini Yoga Classes, The Healthy Breast Program, Four Season Yoga Cleanse, Beyond Addiction, and Compassionate Inquiry with Dr. Gabor Maté, taught in Canada and around the world. She invites you to participate and/or train with her on one or more of these extraordinary journeys to wholeness and fitness. She believes, together we can form dedicated, purposeful global communities to inspire, educate and uplift others. She looks forward to working with you to discover a way of living that helps sustain you and the planet. For more information, visit: <a href="https://satdharamkaur.com/">satdharamkaur.com</a>