Recipe: Love Your Liver TonicSat Dharam Kaur, N.D. March 1, 2014
This yummy blend of vegetables will have your liver smiling in no time – a great way to welcome spring!
- 1 pound of organic carrots
- 6 stalks organic celery
- 1 small beet
- ½ cucumber
- 15 leaves of either kale or Swiss chard
- thumb size piece of fresh ginger root,
- 2 cloves of garlic
1) Juice carrots, celery, beet, cucumber, and kale or Swiss chard, along ginger root and garlic.
2) Drink this throughout each day.
3) Aim for a litre a day. It’s easiest to fill a mason jar and sip between meals.
Sat Dharam is a naturopathic doctor, Kundalini Yoga lead trainer, and author practising in Owen Sound, Ontario. She developed the Healthy Breast Program, designed to help educate women in breast cancer prevention through Kundalini Yoga and lifestyle change, and teaches it internationally. She was awarded the Naturopathic Doctor of the Year award in Ontario in 2000 for her work in breast health education. She also developed the “Beyond Addiction: The Yogic Path to Recovery” program, and has been working closely with Dr. Gabor Maté in delivering this program as well as a psychotherapeutic modality created by Dr. Maté called Compassionate Inquiry. Sat Dharam has written several best-selling books: A Call to Women: The Healthy Breast Program and Workbook, The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer, and The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Women's Health.