From the Vitality Food Feature ‘WINTER COMFORT FOODS‘.
Just in time for holiday celebrations, here is a vegetarian casserole that is sure to please all of your guests! The combo of sweet potato, lentil, and pesto is so yummy it might become your new family holiday tradition.
1) Put the sweet potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and add cold water to just cover.
2) Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low.
3) Simmer covered for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
4) Drain off the cooking water (storing it in a glass jar for a sweet vegetable broth later).
5) Add the pesto, coconut milk, and salt substitute. Mash roughly with potato masher (making a sort of ‘pesto-yam-mash’).
6) Place 2 Tbsp of heated lentils in the bottom of a standard ceramic casserole dish.
7) Top with ‘pesto-yam-mash’ and broil in oven for 10 minutes on the low broil setting to create a crispy browned topping.
Nutritionist and TV personality, Julie Daniluk is the award-winning, bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation & Slimming Meals That Heal. Her 3rd book, Hot Detox, was on the Canadian Bestseller’s list for 11 weeks in 2017. Julie’s 4th book, Becoming Sugar-Free, was released on September 7, 2021. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show. She is in her 11th season as a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show. Check out more information at www.juliedaniluk.com and connect with her on Facebook & Instagram @juliedaniluk
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.