Recipe: Black Kale, Almonds, and Pomegranate Seeds with Garlic Tahini DressingJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. November 4, 2014
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘WINTER COMFORT FOODS‘.
by Alex Shires
- 1 bunch black kale, chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp flax or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink rock or grey sea salt
- 1/4 cup almonds, raw, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
1) De-stem and chiffonade (thinly slice) the kale.
2) Mix kale, lemon juice, flaxseed oil, and sea salt in a large bowl.
3) Using hands, rub oil mixture into kale until fully coated and starting to soften. Set kale aside for 5-10 minutes.
4) In a dry pan, lightly toast almonds over medium heat, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan to cool.
5) Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until well combined.
6) Toss kale mixture with 1-2 Tbsp of dressing.
7) Top with toasted almonds and pomegranate seeds to serve.
Julie is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and host of Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show aired in over 70 countries. A highly-sought-after anti-inflammatory health expert and speaker, she is the award-winning author of 3 bestselling books. After graduating from both The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, she studied culinary arts at George Brown College, herbalism at Emerson Herbal College, and life coaching with Tony Robbins. Be sure to check out her latest masterclass at <a href="www.thrivewithjulie.com">www.thrivewithjulie.com</a> and follow her on <a />Facebook</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/JulieDaniluk">Twitter</a>, <a href="https://www.instagram.com/juliedaniluk/">Instagram</a>, and <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5rDkDBPpg7nCTn64vga7oQ?view_as=subscriber"Youtube</a>.