From the Vitality Food Feature ‘WINTER COMFORT FOODS‘.
by Alex Shires
1) De-stem and chiffonade (thinly slice) the kale.
2) Mix kale, lemon juice, flaxseed oil, and sea salt in a large bowl.
3) Using hands, rub oil mixture into kale until fully coated and starting to soften. Set kale aside for 5-10 minutes.
4) In a dry pan, lightly toast almonds over medium heat, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan to cool.
5) Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until well combined.
6) Toss kale mixture with 1-2 Tbsp of dressing.
7) Top with toasted almonds and pomegranate seeds to serve.
Nutritionist and TV personality, Julie Daniluk is the award-winning, bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation & Slimming Meals That Heal. Her 3rd book, Hot Detox, was on the Canadian Bestseller’s list for 11 weeks in 2017. Julie’s 4th book, Becoming Sugar-Free, will be released on September 7, 2021. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show. She is in her 11th season as a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show. Check out more information at juliedaniluk.com and connect with her on Facebook & Instagram @juliedaniluk
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.