Recipe: Monster Superfood Breakfast
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘SLIMMING MEALS THAT HEAL‘.
While I like to encourage people to start their day with alkalizing vegetables and healthy sources of protein, occasionally we wake up in the mood for something sweet – it happens! It is important to listen to what your body wants so I just make sure that when it happens, I pair it with healthy lean protein and good fat. This slows down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream and helps to prevent the highs and lows of the blood sugar rollercoaster! (Makes 1 serving.)
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp spirulina or chlorella powder
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger root
- 1 Tbsp vegan protein powder (hemp, pea, flax or pumpkin)
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Optional ultimate health boosters:
- 1/2 tsp Maca powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp lemon flavoured fish oil
- 1 Tbsp lecithin granules (make sure they are GMO-free)
1) Combine all ingredients and desired boosters in a bowl and mix well.