From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Preserve Your Harvest the Old Fashioned Way‘.
If you find traditional ‘vinegar’ pickled eggs way too sour – you’ll love these mild, delicious eggs. You’ll need a 1 litre canning jar. (Makes 1 dozen.)
- 1 dozen organic or free range eggs
- peeled garlic
- a sprig of dill
- a few peppercorns or pickling spice to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups water
1) Hard boil and shell a dozen organic or free range eggs.
2) Pack into a 1 litre canning jar along with peeled garlic, a sprig of dill, and a few peppercorns or pickling spice to taste.
3) Dissolve sea salt into water.
4) Pour over eggs, adding more water if needed to cover, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Put on lid.
5) Ferment at room temperature for 3 to 5 days or until eggs are tangy to taste. Store in fridge or cold place.