Recipe: Cannellini Bean and Fennel BakePat Crocker October 1, 2014
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘SIMMERED FALL SUPPERS‘.
(Makes 6 servings)
- 3 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, halved, cleaned and cut into coins
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes or 2 cans (14 oz each) tomatoes and juices
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced fine
- ¼ cup chopped fresh savory
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1) Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
2) In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 3 minutes.
3) Add garlic and leeks and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
4) Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
5) Stir in beans, fennel, savory, and rosemary. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until fennel is tender.
6) Stir in beans, walnuts and parsley.
As a professional Home Economist (BAA, Ryerson Univ., Toronto) and Culinary Herbalist, Pat’s passion for healthy food is fused with her knowledge and love of herbs. She has honed her herb practice over more than four decades of growing, studying, photographing, experimenting with, and writing about what she calls the helping plants. In fact, Crocker marries the medicinal benefits of herbs in every original recipe she develops. An award-winning author, Pat has written 22 herb/healthy cookbooks, including The Healing Herbs Cookbook, The Juicing Bible, and most recently The Herbalist’s Kitchen (Sterling, 2018), and Healing Cannabis Edibles. She has over 1.5 million books in print and translated to over 11 languages. Watch for her next book, Cooking and Healing with Cannabis to be launched in 2020. And to find out more about Cannabis and Pat Crocker’s books and appearances, visit www.patcrocker.com