Autumn Olive and Goat Cheese DipKaren Stephenson September 1, 2013
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘The Culinary Adventure of Wild Autumn Harvests‘.
(Makes about 2 cups)
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup autumn olives (pureed)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1) In a blender combine the goat cheese, vinegar, and maple syrup and blend well.
2) Add olive oil, salt, and autumn olive puree, blending only until smooth.
3) Pour into a bowl and chill 30 minutes before serving with raw veggies for dipping, or dressed on a salad.
Karen Stephenson is a writer, author, public speaker, and wild food educator. She has studied herbal pharmacy, nutrition, and shares her knowledge with those who attend her edible plant walks. She often speaks about the chemicals used in processed foods and how they affect health. To find out more visit http://www.ediblewildfood.com