I Would Like to Know More About Nose Fillers
Not everyone is happy with their natural looks. And it’s a known fact that some are afraid of surgeries and unwilling to go under the knife. So what should people do who want to change something but still are too scared?
This article is for people who are not happy with how their noses look. There are ways to upgrade your appearance slightly, including exercises, make-up, or the most popular – nose fillers. What is that? How does it work? You can read more about nose fillers here.
Are Fillers Safe for a Nose Job?
Rhinoplasty with dermal filler is also called a “liquid nose job” or a “fifteen-minute nose job.” The procedure is fast (from 15 to 30 minutes) and has no particular side effects. It’s more than perfect for those who want to get rid of the bumps on the nose or smooth out its sharp-cornered areas.
Moreover, people who are unsure whether they need nose-specific plastic surgery try fillers first to see the effect. It is also less expensive and takes less time.
Of course, there are some minor side effects that you should be aware of. The basic ones are pretty common: bruising in the injected areas, swelling, nausea. In regards to more serious side effects, they include dermal filler migration (when injected solution moves to the areas next to the treated area), vascular complications, and/or tissue death.
Also, if you experience some of the following symptoms, you need to call your doctor immediately: high temperature, redness, and bruising that don’t disappear for a long time, or blurred vision.
The thing is, the nose is an extremely sensitive area. It is close to the eyes and has a lot of blood vessels. That is why it is essential to look for an experienced specialist who can carefully and confidently conduct the procedure.
How Long Does the Effect from Fillers Last?
Dermal fillers are all different, but for nose jobs doctors mostly use Restylane. It’s a hyaluronic acid filler that significantly affects the skin and is used in various aesthetic procedures. Its consistency is similar to a gel.
The doctor injects it under the skin, in its deep layer, in the zones that needs to be smoothed out or, vice versa needs some volume. A light anesthetic can be used if you have high sensitivity. You may feel an insignificant pinching and discomfort, but it ends quickly. The procedure is quick, and its effect lasts from four months to a year. Some patients can go back to work right after the appointment, but it’s better to give yourself some time and rest after the injection.
There are a few advice to follow before the procedure:
- Drink water and eat before. Don’t eat too much in case you feel nauseous, but choose something rich in starch and protein;
- Find out your vitamin K level to reduce the possibility of bruising. Eat more leafy, green vegetables to raise the amount of vitamin K in your body in the weeks before the procedures;
- Avoid blood-thinning supplements and drus in the weeks before the procedure. It includes alcohol, aspirin, anti-inflammatory pills, vitamin E supplements, etc.
If you have special medical conditions, make sure you informed your doctor about them.
What Can’t You Do After Nose Fillers?
For those who have decided to use dermal filler injections, there are some helpful aftercare tips for you to prolong the result and avoid unwanted side effects.
- Don’t touch the area that’s been treated for six hours after the injection. After this time, you can carefully wash the treatment area with sope. Also, light make-up can be applied;
- Don’t leave the treated areas uncovered from the extreme heat or cold until the redness and swelling disappear;
- Don’t wear glasses for weeks after the treatment. The pressure from them can negatively affect the final result.
Also, consult with your doctor if you are taking any medications. Their composition can be incompatible with the injection of choice.
Dermal fillers are an excellent variant for those who don’t want to have surgery. Nose fillers before and after results are fabulous, that’s a fact. Don’t let the fear stop you from having the nose of your dreams – make an appointment and consult with the specialist today!