From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Preserve Your Harvest the Old Fashioned Way‘.
This is a delicious drink and so easy to make, especially during wild blueberry season!
- wild or garden blueberries (and/or other mixed berries)
- 1/4 cup unpasteurized honey,
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- a half lemon, lime or orange
1) Fill a gallon jar 1/4 full of wild or garden blueberries. You can use commercial fruit but I prefer a wild pick!
2) Add unpasteurized honey, sea salt, and enough water to fill the jar, leaving 1-inch head space.
3) Finish off like the fruit kvass in the photo (other berries or mixed berries can be used for endless variety).
4) A half lemon, lime or orange adds a little spunk to the drink.