Recipe: Veggie Noodle Salad
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Cool and Easy Summertime Dining‘.
This is so colourful and delicious, your family never has to know it’s good for them!
- 1 large zucchini
- fresh garden cucumber
- a couple of large carrots
- a handful or two of tender snap or snow peas, or lightly steamed whole green beans
- shredded red cabbage
- chopped sweet onion
- diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves mashed garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- pinch of crushed chili flakes (optional)
1) Using your vegetable noodle maker (sometimes called a ‘spiralizer’) cut the zucchini, cucumber, and carrots into noodles according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2) Put into a bowl along with tender snap or snow peas, or green beans, the red cabbage, onion, and peppers.
3) Mix ingredients for dressing.
4) Pour over vegetables and toss. Sprinkle with sesame seeds upon serving.
5) Variation: You can top this salad with poached halibut or other cooked fish or seafood of choice in which case, garnish with a wedge of lemon.