From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Turning Vegetables and Fruits Into Oodles of Noodles‘.
Watch your kids tackle this fibre-rich creation! (Serves 4 as a main meal, 6 as a side-dish)
1) Peel sweet potatoes and cut into long noodles to resemble spaghetti, or into spirals to resemble macaroni. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in large skillet.
3) Add the sweet potato noodles and cook, turning frequently with spatula, until tender – about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) In a large saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the coconut flour. Cook until absorbed.
5) Whisk in milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6) Add the sweet potato noodles and the cheeses, and cook until melted (you can add more milk if sauce is too thick to suit your liking).
7) Garnish with black pepper and chopped parsley upon serving.
Linda Gabris is an avid cook who enjoys sharing her grandmother’s old recipes and medicinal preparations as they were recorded in the handwritten journals passed down to her. Linda also enjoys gardening and foraging for edible wild foods. Over the years, she has taught cooking courses in Prince George, B.C., with a focus on healthy eating, food preparation, and International cuisine.
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
Ask the Doctor
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.