Recipe: Stress Busting Harvest Salad
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘BOOST YOUR METABOLISM THIS FALL‘.
If you want a true stress-busting salad, this combo will do the trick. The sprouts provide great B vitamins that nourish the nervous system. The red pepper provides exceptional Vitamin C that is important for adrenal health. Blueberries have been shown in clinical trials to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol. The nutty flavour of the hemp hearts pair nicely with blueberries and the mood boosting fat in hemp make this a truly happy salad!
(Makes 2 large salads)
- 4 cups sunflower and pea sprouts
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pesto or lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch pink salt
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (shelled hemp seed)
- Combine sprouts, pepper, berries and snow peas into a large bowl.
- Combine oil, pesto, honey and salt into a small mason jar and shake vigorously until well mixed.
- Pour over salad and top with hemp seeds.