From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Refreshing Rice Paper Rolls’.
So pretty and versatile, these rolls can also be made with other colourful cooked lentils or dried cooked split green or yellow peas. They go great with the Sweet Chilli Sauce recipe.
1) Wash lentils, put in small saucepan along with garlic and spices, and add enough water to barely cover. Bring to a boil, simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until tender but still firm. Do not let them fall apart.
2) Drain and pat with paper towels. Set aside to cool.
3) Soak one sheet of rice paper in warm water for 5 seconds, then lay flat. Place a layer of green peppers down the centre of the paper.
4) Scatter with chilli peppers. Lay some red onion slices on top of the peppers. Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of lentils over top and roll up.
5) To serve, arrange 4 rolls on a platter with the Sweet Chilli Sauce in the middle, ready for dunking.
Linda Gabris is an avid cook who enjoys sharing her grandmother’s old recipes and medicinal preparations as they were recorded in the handwritten journals passed down to her. Linda also enjoys gardening and foraging for edible wild foods. Over the years, she has taught cooking courses in Prince George, B.C., with a focus on healthy eating, food preparation, and International cuisine.
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
Blood Pressure Problems
© Copyright 2022, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.