Recipe: Iraqi Sumac Salad
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘The Tart Taste of Sumac‘.
This salad is best eaten right away and, although popular as a side salad, it works well as a meal on its own.
(Serves 4 to 6)
- 2 medium cucumbers (about 6 to 7 inches long), quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, quartered and sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut in half and very thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried sumac fruit
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1) Place cucumber, tomato and onion in a salad bowl and combine.
2) Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.