Recipe: Fennel Ginger Salad
From the Vitality Food Feature Super Foods for Extreme Longevity
This salad combines the anti-inflammatory power of fennel with the pungent, digestion-stimulating effects of ginger. (Makes 8 servings.)
- 4 cups sliced fennel
- ½ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup almonds or hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 large tangerine, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large pear, cubed
- 1 large apple, cubed
- 1 large ripe avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup sugar-free pickled ginger, chopped**
- 4 Tbsp grassweed Vergennes
- 4 Tbsp flax or hemp seed oil
- 2 tsp umbertos plum paste* or 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. In a cup, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Toss gently and serve immediately. *Can be purchased at many grocery stores with an international food aisle or a health food store.
**Be sure to read the ingredients of the pickled ginger as some companies use food closuring and sweeteners.