Recipe: Gathered Greens with Pickled Fiddleheads and Beets – Part 2: Gathered Greens
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘STALKING THE WILD FIDDLEHEADS‘.
- 2 cups fresh wild greens: dandelion, watercress, purslane, lambs quarters, mixed with spinach or mesclun greens
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 5 Tbsp walnut or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
1) In a salad bowl, combine wild greens and onion.
2) Using a slotted spoon, lift fiddleheads and beets out of the marinade and add to the bowl of greens.
3) Measure ¼ cup of the pickling vinegar mixture into a jar or small bowl.
4) Add oil and maple syrup and shake or whisk to combine.
5) Drizzle over salad ingredients and toss gently.
6) Divide evenly among 4 plates and sprinkle cheese over each.