Recipe: Chocolate Chia Raspberry PuddingJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. November 4, 2014
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘WINTER COMFORT FOODS‘.
Pudding for breakfast? Sure! This pudding is healthy, nutritious, anti-inflammatory, and a fun way to start the day.
- 4 Tbsp whole chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or alternative beverage of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
- Few drops of organic vanilla extract
1) Place all ingredients into a sealed container that you can shake. Shake vigorously to mix ingredients well.
2) Let sit for at least 10 minutes until the chia seeds absorb the liquid and take on a gel or pudding consistency (if the pudding is too thick, add more coconut milk). Stir.
3) Add your favourite topping, such as coconut flakes.
Julie Daniluk, RHN: Nutritionist and TV personality, Julie Daniluk is the award-winning, bestselling author of <a href="https://www.nationalnutrition.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=julie+daniluk">Meals That Heal Inflammation</a> & <a href="https://www.nationalnutrition.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=julie+daniluk">Slimming Meals That Heal</a>. Her 3rd book, <a href="https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/hot-detox-a-21-day/9781443450676-item.html">Hot Detox</a>, was on the Canadian Bestseller’s list for 11 weeks in 2017 and is already in its second printing. Julie is finishing her 4th book due for release in September 2021 by Penguin/Random House Canada. Julie hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. Over the past 10 years the show has aired in 78 countries and in 11 different languages. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show. She is in her 10th season as a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show. Check out more information at <a href="https://www.juliedaniluk.com/">juliedaniluk.com</a> and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram @juliedaniluk