Carob Super Green SquaresJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. November 2, 2015
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Balance Your Hormones with Cures from the Kitchen‘.
I promise you that this nutritious treat tastes like chocolate! Consider doubling the recipe and freezing some. All the minerals are hormone balancing and supportive to your bones. (Makes 30, 1 x 1 inch squares)
Egg-, Soy-, Dairy-, Nut-, and Wheat-Free; Raw Post Workout
- 1/3 cup raw honey or rice syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp spirulina
- 1 tsp maca powder or ashwagandha powder
- 1/2 tsp pink rock salt or gray sea salt
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1) Blend honey and tahini in a food processor until smooth, then add carob, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture becomes stiff and has a smooth consistency (you may need to scrape down the sides a few times for desired effect).
2) Add vanilla, spirulina, maca powder, and salt. Pulse to combine.
3) Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in hemp and sunflower seeds. Roll out the mixture evenly to a 1/2-inch thickness and place on a parchment-lined cookie tray.
4) Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top and press down with a cutting board to ensure they stick.
5) Cut into squares and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Wrap squares individually and store in the fridge or freezer.
Julie is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and host of Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show aired in over 70 countries. A highly-sought-after anti-inflammatory health expert and speaker, she is the award-winning author of 3 bestselling books. After graduating from both The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, she studied culinary arts at George Brown College, herbalism at Emerson Herbal College, and life coaching with Tony Robbins. Be sure to check out her latest masterclass at <a href="www.thrivewithjulie.com">www.thrivewithjulie.com</a> and follow her on <a />Facebook</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/JulieDaniluk">Twitter</a>, <a href="https://www.instagram.com/juliedaniluk/">Instagram</a>, and <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5rDkDBPpg7nCTn64vga7oQ?view_as=subscriber"Youtube</a>.