From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Balance Your Hormones with Cures from the Kitchen‘.
I promise you that this nutritious treat tastes like chocolate! Consider doubling the recipe and freezing some. All the minerals are hormone balancing and supportive to your bones. (Makes 30, 1 x 1 inch squares)
Egg-, Soy-, Dairy-, Nut-, and Wheat-Free; Raw Post Workout
1) Blend honey and tahini in a food processor until smooth, then add carob, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture becomes stiff and has a smooth consistency (you may need to scrape down the sides a few times for desired effect).
2) Add vanilla, spirulina, maca powder, and salt. Pulse to combine.
3) Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in hemp and sunflower seeds. Roll out the mixture evenly to a 1/2-inch thickness and place on a parchment-lined cookie tray.
4) Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top and press down with a cutting board to ensure they stick.
5) Cut into squares and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Wrap squares individually and store in the fridge or freezer.
Nutritionist and TV personality, Julie Daniluk is the award-winning, bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation & Slimming Meals That Heal. Her third book, Hot Detox, was on the Canadian Bestseller’s list for 11 weeks in 2017 and is already in its second printing. Julie hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show. She is going into her 8thseason as a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show and is a regular contributor of ‘Evolve’ with John Edward. Check out more information at juliedaniluk.com and connect with her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @juliedaniluk
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2017, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.