Recipe: Sumac Zucchini Dip
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘The Tart Taste of Sumac‘.
Easy and quick to prepare, this is a flavourful and smooth dip with an extra tart taste of sumac. It can also be drizzled over baked potatoes, adding a great tang to an otherwise boring vegetable. (Serves 4)
- 1–1/2 pounds zucchini, grilled whole until soft inside and lightly charred on the exterior
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp dried sumac fruit
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1) Cut off the top and bottom of each zucchini, remove the skin and allow to cool.
2) Cut them into large chunks and set aside.
3) In a food processor, place the zucchini, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, 2 teaspoons of sumac, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Blend until smooth.
4) Transfer blended mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle the remaining sumac evenly over the top.
5) Drizzle the remaining olive oil over top and serve.