From the Vitality Food Feature ‘QUINOA CUISINE‘.
This rib-sticking recipe is a real quickie to prepare! (Makes a tureen full of soup)
1) Heat olive oil in soup pot, and sauté onion, celery, carrots, and minced garlic until soft.
2) Add cumin, coriander, sea salt and pepper to taste. Cook until absorbed.
3) Add lentils, raw (uncooked) quinoa, and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 15 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
4) Garnish with minced basil upon serving.
5) (Variation: if you have leftover cooked quinoa in the fridge, you can use it in place of raw quinoa, in which case you can reduce the water to 6 cups and simply stir the cooked quinoa into the soup when the lentils are tender and heat through)
Linda Gabris is an avid cook who enjoys sharing her grandmother’s old recipes and medicinal preparations as they were recorded in the handwritten journals passed down to her. Linda also enjoys gardening and foraging for edible wild foods. Over the years, she has taught cooking courses in Prince George, B.C., with a focus on healthy eating, food preparation, and International cuisine.
Established in 1989, Vitality magazine is one of Canada's largest publications on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. At vitalitymagazine.com we bring you highlights of our current issue plus exclusive web material, and archives of selected content from past issues.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: All advice provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, or serve as a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychological condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed through this website, Facebook page, Twitter or from any communication with Vitality magazine.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: We are a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. Our participation does not influence our content, but it helps offset the costs involved in providing you with free information.
© Copyright 2017, Vitality Magazine. All Rights Reserved.