Recipe: Mediterranean Meatless Pizza Toppings
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Marvellous Meatless Meals‘.
Toppings can include any of the following:
- Pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- Pepper rings or Sliced jalapeño peppers
- Sliced mushrooms or Zuccini
- Onion rings, Artichoke pieces, Sun-dried tomatoes
- Sliced kalamata or black olives Spinach
- Fresh basil leaves (or pinch dried herb)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella, asiago or provolone cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese (or dairy-free alternatives)
1) Spread the sauce on the fresh dough, and add toppings of choice in amounts to suit taste. Scatter grated cheeses over top and sprinkle with parmesan.
2) Bake at 425F for 35 minutes or until underside of crust is golden and top is bubbling.