Summer Fruit ParfaitJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. July 1, 2013
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Cool Foods for A Hot Summer‘.
This snack combines low-calorie fruits and good sources of protein for a light mid-morning nosh. The combination of protein and fruit will fill you up, keeping you from overindulging come lunchtime.
(Makes 8 servings)
- 6 Tbsp honey, divided
- ¼ cup cranberry nectar or juice
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup plain sheep yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from ¼ vanilla bean (optional)
1) Combine ½ the honey, cranberry nectar, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries in a large bowl. Lightly crush the fruit while mixing the ingredients together until the honey is dissolved.
2) Combine the yogurt, ½ the honey, and vanilla and/or scraped vanilla bean in a blender and blend until well mixed.
3) Layer ¼ cup fruit with 3 Tbsp vanilla sauce in each of eight small parfait glasses.
Julie is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and host of Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show aired in over 70 countries. A highly-sought-after anti-inflammatory health expert and speaker, she is the award-winning author of 3 bestselling books. After graduating from both The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, she studied culinary arts at George Brown College, herbalism at Emerson Herbal College, and life coaching with Tony Robbins. Be sure to check out her latest masterclass at <a href="www.thrivewithjulie.com">www.thrivewithjulie.com</a> and follow her on <a />Facebook</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/JulieDaniluk">Twitter</a>, <a href="https://www.instagram.com/juliedaniluk/">Instagram</a>, and <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5rDkDBPpg7nCTn64vga7oQ?view_as=subscriber"Youtube</a>.