Summer Fruit ParfaitJulie Daniluk, R.H.N. July 1, 2013
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Cool Foods for A Hot Summer‘.
This snack combines low-calorie fruits and good sources of protein for a light mid-morning nosh. The combination of protein and fruit will fill you up, keeping you from overindulging come lunchtime.
(Makes 8 servings)
- 6 Tbsp honey, divided
- ¼ cup cranberry nectar or juice
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup plain sheep yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from ¼ vanilla bean (optional)
1) Combine ½ the honey, cranberry nectar, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries in a large bowl. Lightly crush the fruit while mixing the ingredients together until the honey is dissolved.
2) Combine the yogurt, ½ the honey, and vanilla and/or scraped vanilla bean in a blender and blend until well mixed.
3) Layer ¼ cup fruit with 3 Tbsp vanilla sauce in each of eight small parfait glasses.
Julie Daniluk, RHN: Nutritionist and TV personality, Julie Daniluk is the award-winning, bestselling author of <a href="https://www.nationalnutrition.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=julie+daniluk">Meals That Heal Inflammation</a> & <a href="https://www.nationalnutrition.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=julie+daniluk">Slimming Meals That Heal</a>. Her 3rd book, <a href="https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/hot-detox-a-21-day/9781443450676-item.html">Hot Detox</a>, was on the Canadian Bestseller’s list for 11 weeks in 2017 and is already in its second printing. Julie is finishing her 4th book due for release in September 2021 by Penguin/Random House Canada. Julie hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. Over the past 10 years the show has aired in 78 countries and in 11 different languages. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show. She is in her 10th season as a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show. Check out more information at <a href="https://www.juliedaniluk.com/">juliedaniluk.com</a> and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram @juliedaniluk