Recipe: Walnut-Olive PestoPat Crocker May 1, 2016
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Freshen Up Your Spring Menu with Plant-Based Meals‘.
(Makes ½ cup)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cups pitted black olives
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive or avocado oil
1) In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine walnuts, olives, and thyme. Pulse for 10 seconds to coarsely chop. With the motor running, add the oil through the opening in the lid and process just until combined. Use more or less oil to make the pesto spreadable.
2) Scrape into a small bowl and set aside. You can make this up to 3 days ahead and store, covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature to use.
Teacher, writer, photographer, and author of 20 cookbooks, Pat Crocker is wild about food, herbs, and health. Some of her books include The Healing Herbs Cookbook, The Juicing Bible, Coconut 24/7, and Preserving. Early 2018 will see the release of two more healing books: The Herbal Kitchen: Cooking and Healing with Herbs, and Vegan Recipes from the Reducetarian Foundation. For more information on Pat Crocker’s books and activities, visit: www.patcrocker.com