Staying Strong During Times of TurmoilGord Riddell and Kathy Ryndak RSS November 1, 2014
We are in the midst of teaching our ‘Divine Connections’ course, and want to convey how helpful it is stay in alignment with your higher self during all the turmoil and chaos occurring on our planet right now. Evil does exist on this planet but we believe a lot more light exists than darkness. Just think of the thousands who marched for climate change in late September. Even the Rocke-fellers are divesting from fossil fuels, and investing instead in renewable energy.
Also exciting is the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to Malala Yous-afzai. At age 17, she is already a shining light for the world, and we are so happy she has become an honourary Canadian citizen! So while there is bleakness on the planet, there are also wonderful things happening all over.
With this in mind, it is more important than ever to avoid identifying with the fear in the collective unconscious, and instead remain centred and grounded. Here are strategies to help with staying in alignment during worldly chaos; they show how our divine connections to spiritual beings in higher dimensions can help.
Working with Archangels, Ascended Masters, and Spirit Guides can be very helpful when going through difficult times of turmoil – both personal and planetary. We all have a circle of great human friends who support us during our ups and downs; however, our spiritual friends on the ‘other side’ can provide us with unique spiritual perspectives on what is going on in our lives and during earth shifts. They provide guidance for the soul lessons we are dealing with and whatever tests we may be going through, and they give us insights into the shifts that the planet is experiencing. Their messages and guidance are objective and come from a higher realm of consciousness.
In making our connection to spiritual beings, we always go through our Higher Self (spiritual self) so that our vibration is increased; the Guides lessen their vibration so they can meet us in the physical, providing a ‘sync-up’ of our energies. Since our Higher Self is impersonal it helps us to keep our egos at bay. So it is through our Higher Self that we meet our Guides. We are always in the picture, in control, and have not relinquished any of our power.
To help you feel safe and protected, try working with Archangel Michael. He is very powerful and even the NYPD has him as their patron saint. For air travel, ask Archangel Micheal to surround your plane and luggage with white light. As you pray for peace in war-torn areas, ask Michael to boost and deliver your prayers to that region. Use the purple shield of Archangel Michael to protect you from negative energies.
On a broader scale, you can call Archangel Raphael, the angel of healing, to send light to the regions afflicted by Ebola along with the health care workers on the front lines. You can ask Archangel Raphael to work with the researchers to find a cure for Ebola.
Connect with Your Spiritual Source
Here are two powerful ways of reconnecting to Source if you feel disconnected, especially if things feel chaotic or inharmonious. It can be very helpful to call in your Guide or an Angel to help with the connection.
1) Go to your heart chakra: Place your hands on your heart, breathe in and out the colour pink to connect to heart consciousness. Keeping your mind still, let yourself fill up with heart energy. Hold the feeling that ‘all is unfolding as it should’ and do your best to get to that ‘All is well’ state of mind, even if it does not feel that way. Did you know that heart consciousness positively impacts the amygdala, the emotional memory centre of your brain? It even helps to clear negative imprints that have been there for years.
2) Open your chakras upwards: Connect to your Higher Self at the crown chakra and then stretch 12 inches upwards to your transpersonal chakra. This is where unity consciousness resides, and where you will get that blissful feeling that everything is interconnected. This will help you to hover above the chaos in the world, or drama in your life. We are all interconnected on this planet and we are all one.
3) Refrain from seeing the world as ‘black and white’: and realize that Western society, and its shadow, have played a role in terrorism. We can use this as a metaphor for inner reflection. Go inside and ask yourself where you cause chaos. Do you terrorize yourself or terrorize (bully) others? Do landmines go off in your own home or do you seek harmony instead of conflict? Is there a part of you that is fanatical? Do you come from love or from fear?
Raising Your Vibration
Making the world a better place begins with you. By increasing your vibration you can help to increase the vibration of the world. Here are some things you can do to raise your vibration:
- Anchor the I AM presence: God is within you, and all are divine. Be grateful and forgive.
- When in conflict with others, pray that you “Accept and bless them. I see the Divine in you and in me.”
- From Louise Hay: “All is well. Everything is working out for my highest good, and out of this situation only good will come. I am safe.”
- See the good in people and don’t focus on their faults.
- Open your Mystical Heart, located near your thymus. Here we honour, love, and respect the divine in every living being, species, and Mother Earth.
- Make it a conscious choice to choose joy and happiness.
- Be kind and compassionate to yourself and others, and seek to be of service.
- Be in the company of uplifting people.
While world peace feels elusive, it is important to focus on the light of the world rather than its darkness. The perfect way to summarize this is to read the St. Francis prayer: “Make me an instrument of your peace.” And remember that, as we heal ourselves, we help to heal the world.
Gord Riddell and Kathy Ryndak are co-founders of the Transformational Arts College of Spiritual and Holistic Training. The College offers professional training programs in Spiritual Psychotherapy, Spiritual Director, Holistic Health, and Coaching. For more information or for a course calendar, call 416-484-0454 or 1-800-TAC-SELF, or visit www.transformationalarts.com. To receive their monthly e-newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org