Recipe: Fruity Rice Paper Breakfast Rolls
From the Vitality Food Feature ‘Refreshing Rice Paper Rolls’.
Here’s something a little different! These rice paper rolls are delightfully pretty to serve as breakfast or brunch fare. Try them and see how wonderful your morning meal can be when you have a package of rice paper in the pantry. These are delicious when served with plain or flavoured yogurt as the dipping sauce.
- 4 sheets rice paper and a handful of nuts
- 1 cup cooked steel cut oats (or other cooked grain of choice – barley is nice, as is black rice or even tapioca)
- Maple syrup or honey to suit taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 cups of any fruit of choice – use a single fruit or mix and match for amazing colour and taste (sliced strawberries, kiwi, banana, tangerine wedges, peaches, pears, whole raspberries, blueberries,
- Coarsely chopped walnuts or other nuts of choice, or coconut flakes (optional)
1) Sweeten the cooked oats with maple syrup or honey and season with cinnamon. Allow to cool.
2) Place prepared fruit(s) of choice in the centre of a sheet of prepared rice paper.
3) Spoon 1/4 cup of grain over top. Scatter with nuts and roll up.