(Editor’s note: While we normally publish letters from readers, along with replies from writers, in our ‘Letters to the Editor’ section, we are giving this one a higher profile this month due to the lengthy and detailed response from Helke Ferrie, whose article, titled 'Health News Round-Up: Latest Developments in the World of Nutrition, Politics, and Medical Fraud', is posted on our website at: http://tinyurl.com/z5vbzyp)
Comment from Reader
My homeopath gave me a Vitality magazine and I read the March 2016 issue article with interest. [In Helke Ferrie’s article entitled ‘Health News Round-Up'] I got stuck on the quote of Putin’s where he describes North Americans as “intensely vaccinated, borderline autistic, etc.”
The news media and scientists have desperately worked to educate people about vaccinations and there being no link to autism. Yet you are perpetuating this link through your quote. I now question the worth of this magazine. I’ll read on but my radar is up! You have a responsibility to good journalism. – L. Dixon, Toronto, Ontario
Helke Ferrie Responds
Thanks for writing to me, Laurel. I have never been made responsible for somebody else’s opinion, so I found your comment regarding Putin’s quote amusing.
I note the fact that your “radar is up.” That’s a good thing if you are willing to look dispassionately at the evidence, and not just accept what’s generally said. The assumptions you make are a tad too fast and numerous. The “perpetuation” of information about vaccine problems is permitted in a country like ours that has free speech, and I for one would not repeat anything that is not supported by mainstream published research.
In this case, I was amused by Putin. Regarding his rant about vaccines – I don’t know how much he knows about the subject, but I happen to know a great deal about it. As for the magazine – why would you dismiss a good health magazine out of hand because one opinion troubles you? Soon you might not be able to read any publications if you have that kind of attitude. Case in point: the world’s leading medical journal is the New England Journal of Medicine. However, it occasionally publishes serious nonsense, usually because the researchers were duped by the pharmaceutical industry which, in North America, is not obligated to allow researchers access to the research data. As I pointed out in my March 2016 article, due to the European Union’s new insistence that all raw data and protocols be open to independent review, we now have access to research results that were previously concealed from public view.
As for the safety of vaccines, I am afraid the media have perpetuated their usual propaganda, which is not based on scientific fact. In truth, there have been NO safety studies published on vaccines. I repeat: NONE. Scientists have tried, sure, but nothing exists currently that proves the safety of any vaccine. The American Association of Pediatrics (AAP) published what was supposed to be a safety study, but they would have been better off not to; it turned out that the ‘study’ was riddled with fraudulent data and a scandal broke as a result, which is now in full bloom!
Some years ago, the U.S. government was forced to create a Vaccine Court which, to date, has paid out about $2 billion to vaccine-injured kids’ families (see my 2015 article on this at: http://tinyurl.com/l6dol3u). The causal link between some childhood vaccines and autism is now so well established that the Vaccine Court has had to pay out big awards. This has been discussed in the U.S. Congress and is no longer deniable – scientifically or clinically.
However, it is not necessarily true that autism is always caused by vaccines. Two other causes are well documented in the medical literature. One cause of autism is brought about in a transmission of Lyme bacteria to the fetus in the mother; the other frequent cause of autism comes from mercury toxicity in fish, water sources, or from dental amalgam fillings. The extreme form of that is Minimata Disease, which first occurred in Japan due to mercury-contaminated water. (This is all reported in the mainstream medical literature.)
With this in mind, we can clearly see that autism is not an inherited disease as some would have us believe. There may be evidence to the contrary some day, but currently we don’t have any.
There are three issues here – and I doubt that good old Putin is fully aware of all this vast and complicated science:
1) The first is vaccination as a concept, which I don’t think is vulnerable to serious scientific attack and need not be discussed further.
2) The second is vaccine efficacy. That is more problematic because some diseases are more likely to have a matching vaccine, and others are far more difficult to control through a vaccine or simply cannot be targeted at all, usually because the bacteria defend themselves from attack by hiding inside a biofilm whose smooth surface makes it impossible for the immune system to recognize them; that makes a vaccine impossible to create because its success depends on the ability to “see” the enemy. The ultra-mainstream Oxford University-based medical watchdog, Cochrane Collaboration (www.cochrane.org), has come out time and again with enormously thorough, world-wide, data-based reports showing, for example, that whooping cough vaccines no longer work. They did at one time, but they don’t now, and there are many reasons for this, such as the pathogen developing resistance or the vaccine production being inappropriate. Secondly, Cochrane researchers found that the ‘flu vaccine never works. Period. Cochrane concluded that it should be disbanded as a public health project.
3) The third issue is vaccine safety. The Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine appears to be generally safe when divided into separate injections as single, separate doses. In this format, the vaccine does not require preservatives (which are extremely toxic in the combined version). Under our law, you are entitled to demand the single vaccines. After all that effort and taxpayer money expended by Health Canada on a public information campaign to convince us of vaccine safety, they have now had to admit that the preservatives used in that vaccine are poisonous to the central nervous system. Today, GPs generally prefer to offer the single doses because they are vulnerable to liability action if the patient gets sick from a triple dose. (Turns out that toxic preservatives were added to the MMR vaccine in the early 1980s in triple(!) the dose from previous vaccines – I don’t know why, but the facts are in the public domain and now everybody is backpedaling, as they should.)
I highly recommend that you read Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak, Skyhorse; 2014 (http://tinyurl.com/jpxylqh). The main author is Martha Herbert, professor of neurology at Harvard Medical School. (Editor's note: Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that has been used in some vaccines and other products since the 1930’s.) If you don’t want to buy the book, just ask your local library to get it – they always get books requested by members. None of the authors, least of all Professor Herbert, are against vaccines. They are for cleaning them up and for controlling the deadly avarice of the manufacturers.
Autism is just one issue. It is now known that certain vaccines can also be linked to cancer, especially childhood leukemia – evidence of which has been published in the medical literature including this Global Research report: http://tinyurl.com/nvpp4dy
Meanwhile, I wish you all the best, and happy reading. I am an investigative reporter, and anything that’s reported in the mainstream media is automatically suspect to me. Medicine is complicated, especially when corporate interests get their fingers into it. Therefore, there is no such thing as a final judgment on anything. A drug, procedure, vaccine, etc. may be regarded as the next big thing – and then something happens and people get killed and the cover-up begins. – Helke Ferrie
• Vaccine Whistleblower: Exposing Autism Research Fraud at the CDC, Robert Kennedy Jr. http://tinyurl.com/z8882na
• U.S. Congressman Compares Corruption in CDC’s Vaccine Safety Studies to SEC’s Handling of Bernie Madoff Scandal. http://tinyurl.com/zckhjl2
• National Vaccine Information Center Calls for Removal of Vaccine Safety Oversight from Department of Health/Human Services, Barbara Loe Fisher. http://tinyurl.com/lbsmmm8
• What Whistleblowers Tell Us about Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness, Mercola.com. http://tinyurl.com/kkmqzsx
• Measles and MMR Adverse Events, NVIC. http://tinyurl.com/o9oc5ue
• Merck Accused of Lying about Vaccine Effectiveness, July 10, 2012. http://tinyurl.com/pf626oo
• Thimerosal in Vaccines – an Interim Report to Clinicians, AAP*. http://tinyurl.com/grljdnm
*The 1999 article by the American Association of Pediatrics (AAP) recommended the immediate dis-use of mercury and other preservatives in childhood vaccines, but then the pharma industry threatened to pull its ads. From that point on, the AAP said the opposite. The dam broke on this safety issue when the creator of the MMR vaccine went public.
See my articles list below, archived on Vitality’s website:
• Tracking the Real Progress in Medicine, Vitality, Dec. 2014/Jan. 2015. http://tinyurl.com/me3zen8
• The Illusion of Vaccine Safety, Vitality, Feb. 2015. http://tinyurl.com/l6dol3u